TIAA Scholars Award Program
TIAA Scholars Award Program
About | Apply | Fall 2015 | Spring 2016 | Fall 2016 | Spring 2017 | Fall 2017 | Spring 2018
The Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association created the TIAA Scholars Award Program to reward outstanding Thunderbird students after graduation in a material way that helps them take their first post-graduate career steps. While candidates must apply before starting their program, this is not a scholarship paid up-front to defray school expenses. TIAA Scholars are eligible to receive a US$10,000 award from TIAA upon verification of successful graduation from the full-time MGM program. Well before graduation, TIAA Scholars receive additional benefits through connection with active TIAA members. This program celebrates the culture of connection between TIAA alumni and incoming MGM students. It recognizes new Thunderbirds whose credentials are exemplary and highly reflective of the global mindset that defines our Thunderbird alumni.
Thunderbird alumni who are paid TIAA members can refer incoming full-time Master of Global Management (MGM) students to the TIAA Scholars Program. Our Scholars also represent TIAA on campus and help promote the future growth of our association. TIAA Scholars who receive Awards are expected to remain active in the organization as paid ("vested") members.
TIAA Scholars Program Policy Outline
- The Award is available only to participants of Thunderbird's full-time Masters of Global Management (MGM) program who are selected for this Program.
- Only incoming MGM students who have completed a TIAA Scholars Award Program application form, and have been recommended by a paid TIAA member are eligible for this Program.
- The Award, US $10,000.00, will be made upon successful graduation from Thunderbird School of Global Management's full-time MGM Program.
- The award will be paid directly to the student after confirmation of their graduation from the full-time MGM degree program.
- Applicants must demonstrate a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of graduation.
- If an applicant does not start their program during the semester listed on their TIAA Scholars Program application, they must reapply for the TIAA Scholars Program again for their new program start date.
- Up to ten awards will be made per year for incoming Thunderbird MGM students:
- Up to six (6) awards will be made available for each Fall incoming class
- Up to four (4) awards will be made available for each Spring incoming class
- TIAA Scholar Award Application deadlines typically align with Thunderbird final admission deadlines each semester. Only incoming students may apply (students whose programs have started are not eligible to apply).
- Announcement of successful TIAA Scholars Program award recipients will be made by the TIAA Executive Director.
To Apply for the TIAA Scholar Award Program:
- Click "Apply" above and complete the online information request form.
- You will receive an email reply with details about the application process, and a link to a PDF application form.
- Submit all requested forms to TIAA at email@example.com by the deadline stated in the email you receive.
- Applications are now being accepted from incoming students for the Fall 2018 Thunderbird MGM program. Up to six (6) awards will be available.
- Applications for Fall 2018 TIAA Scholar Awards must be received by May 25, 2018 to be eligible for consideration during this cycle
If you know a qualified candidate for the TIAA Scholars Program email us here.
Read more about the Full-Time MGM Program: